Are you a relative beginner wanting to extend their skills?
Want to learn how to use all those seasonal prints to make decorative bunting?
Do you have a special occasion coming up that needs some beautiful bunting to add a special decorative touch?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above then our Make Your Own Bunting Class is for you!
This is a Level 2 workshop aimed at those who have had some recent experience of using a sewing machine (even if it’s just sewing in a straight line).You will learn all the skills you need to create professionally finished bunting to decorate any occasion. We will also discuss ways in which you can personalise your bunting for special occasions. The skills you learn in this workshop will allow you to confidently approach a greater variety of sewing projects at home as well as giving you a great way to use all those beautifully printed fabrics you can’t resist when craft shopping!
What you will learn
- How to design your bunting.
- How to create a pattern for your bunting flags.
- How to accurately cut and pin fabric.
- Techniques for personalising your bunting.
- How to sew up your flags with a professional finish.
- How to press fabric for a neat finish.
- How to attach your bunting flags to your bunting string using straight and decorative stitches.
- Use of our sewing machines and accessories.
- Use of all tools.
- Binding for your bunting string (please note this will be white binding)
What do I need to bring?
- A selection of quilting weight cotton to make your bunting. This could be a selection of 6 or more fat quarters or a total of 1.5m of coordinating fabrics. You will also need to bring co-ordinating thread.
Level: Level 2
Running time: 2 hours and 30 minutes