Want to learn the basic techniques involved in knitting?
Want to find out about the tools you’ll need to create hand knitted items?
Want to learn a new skill that can help you to relax?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above then join our Learn to Knit class!
This is a Level 1 beginner workshop designed for people who have never picked up a knitting needle before. We will demystify all the terminology involved in knitting and help get you started on your knitting journey. This workshop would also be suitable as a refresher for knitting if it’s been a few years (or more!) since you picked up your needles.
What you will learn
- All about the different weights and types of yarn you can use in your knitting.
- All about the different types and sizes of knitting needle you can choose from.
- How to cast on using different techniques.
- How to knit stitches.
- How to purl stitches.
- How to count rows.
- How to work garter stitch.
- How to work stocking stitch.
- How to cast off.
- Knitting needles for you to use and take home.
- Yarn for you to use and take home.
- Use of all tools and equipment.
- Glossary of terms.
- Tea, coffee and cake!
What you need to bring
- Just bring yourself and lots of enthusiasm for learning to knit!
We also offer special mum and baby Learn to Knit classes. We are breastfeeding friendly and we allow an extra 30 minutes for these sessions to accommodate feeds and changing times. These classes are open to mums with babies who are not yet crawling. If you wish to join one of these classes, see our booking page or contact us for available dates.
Level: Level 1
Running time: 2 hours