Know some knitting basics but want to learn more?
Want to know how to understand and follow a knitting pattern?
Been to our Learn to Knit class and want to take your knitting to the next level?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above then join our Knitting Next Steps class!
This is a Level 2 workshop designed for people who are familiar with basic knitting techniques (casting on and off, knitting and purling stitches). We will help you to extend your knitting repertoire so that you can create shape in your knitting. We will also talk you through how to choose, read and use knitting patterns.
What you will learn
- More advanced methods of casting on.
- How to use combinations of knit and purl stitches to create texture e.g. ribbing.
- How to increase your stitches.
- How to decrease your stitches.
- How to choose a knitting pattern that is right for you.
- How to read a knitting pattern.
- All about gauge.
- How to follow a knitting pattern.
- Knitting needles for you to use and take home.
- Yarn for you to use and take home.
- Use of all tools and equipment.
- Glossary of terms.
- Tea, coffee and cake!
What you need to bring
- Just bring yourself and lots of enthusiasm for learning to knit!
We also offer special mum and baby Knitting Next Steps classes. We are breastfeeding friendly and we allow an extra 30 minutes for these sessions to accommodate feeds and changing times. These classes are open to mums with babies who are not yet crawling. If you wish to join one of these classes, see our booking page or contact us for available dates.
Level: Level 2
Running time: 2 hours