Want to focus on specific dressmaking techniques to improve your finish?
Want to learn how to create neat hems?
Want to learn how to create buttonholes?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above then join our improve your dressmaking skills class.
This is a Level 4 workshop designed for people who have had some experience of dressmaking. If you’ve completed our beginner dressmaking course then this would be an ideal next step for you. There will be plenty of time to practise and discuss techniques in more detail than would be possible in one of our garment workshops.
What you will learn
- How to create neat hems with a sewing machine.
- How to create a neat hand sewn hem.
- How to decide whether to use a machine or hand sewing techniques to create a hem.
- How to create a buttonhole.
- How to sew a button on by hand.
- How to sew a button on using a sewing machine.
- How to insert a zip.
- Fabric for you to practise all techniques.
- Buttons for you to practise creating buttonholes and sewing on buttons.
- Zip for you to practise inserting a zip.
- Use of all machines, tools and equipment.
- Tea, coffee and cake!
What you need to bring
- Just bring yourself and lots of enthusiasm!
Level: Level 4
Running time: 2 hours